Thursday, February 19, 2009

Draper Temple

I'm sorry I don't have a picture of my family in front of the temple,but if you've been there yet you know the set up isn't really condusive to taking pictures of the temple. I think they are so worried about anyone having to be out in the elements you don't really have a place to stop and just look at the outside. It is beautiful though! Our girls were so excited to go and see the inside of the temple and get a little taste of what their parents see and do when we go to do temple work. You could tell the girls were feeling something while we walked through and saw all the beautiful work that had been done. They were very reverant for the most part. Shannon tried to give herself her own tour, but was redirected by some of the volunteers. It's a good thing they have someone at every turn! The girls favorite rooms were the bride's room and the sealing rooms, because "that's where families are sealed forever". I think they found a real interest in the baptismal room because they would get to do baptisms first. Erin in only 4 years! I can't believe how the time has flown! We made sure each of the girls got a pamphlet to put in their journals to remind them of the day. They really want to go to the next temple open house now, and I don't know how you can say no! And on the way to the temple I spotted a KENNINGTON COURT. I wanted to go back and get a picture of the street sign to put on my blog, but Derek took another route home. I may have to go another time.

Shannon was hungry and tired by the time we took this photo. It's in front of the church building where we parked our car and watched the video. Then a bus took us up to the temple.

2 comments:

Kara said...

So fun, just think how many times you will get to be in the brides room with a bride!

Elise and Trevor said...

How fun! I am sad that it will probably be a long time before we will get to take Tori to an open house. Your girls are so sweet. I love that you have taught them to recognize the spirit so they will understand the emotions they feel. Cute pictures. Your girls look so sweet and Lauren looks so big! I can't wait to see you again.