Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dead Mermaids?

Let me explain this title. We were getting ready to eat dinner and, as always, Shannon wanted to say the prayer. We relented, AGAIN, and she wanted to say it by herself which can turn out very odd! ANYHOO, Shannon is doing well and out of the blue says "and please bless us that we can see a dead mermaid"! WHAT THE HECK? Derek and I had the oddest faces on when she finished. We asked the girls what this was all about and Erin claims that one of her friends said she saw a dead mermaid. For starters, we had to explain that mermaids are mythical creatures...not real! Erin actually wanted to argue this point with us! We also had to talk about keeping our prayers reverent and it's not appropiate to ask for a dead mermaid let alone a live one! I tell you, I wonder where we went wrong sometimes! I didn't think we'd ever have to censure the girls' prayers!

3 comments:

Elise and Trevor said...

How funny! Shannon is hilarious. Trevor and I still laugh at the church story and what you and every one else sad. I hope you know what story I am talking about. I can't wait to get her and Tori together again. I think they will be even funnier now.

The Wakefields said...

It is never a dull moment is it. I am glad you are writing these down it is nice to know.

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

That is hilarious. I can imagine the looks of confusion on your faces after that prayer. made me laugh!