Thursday, December 25, 2008

My Christmas Present


My homemade gift this year was quilting stands that Derek made in his shop. He first brought in a "bird house" he had made out of sheet metal?! I said it was wonderful, but not too sure what he was thinking making a bird house out of sheet metal. Then after that presentation I went to get his present (the quilt) and he quickly set up my real present, the stands. I was relieved! He said he had to make something to through me off because I, just out of the blue, told him to make me quilting stands while he was at his shop working on my present a few days ago. I had no idea that's what he was doing! He had the girls help make them and paint them. I love how Erin and Morgan painted their own names on a post and then Derek put Shannon and Lauren's on too. I have been wanting these for a while, but never told Derek. He read my mind! I have such a neat husband who listens to the things I don't say. I love them!

2 comments:

Elise and Trevor said...

that is sweet! i am glad that you aren't stuck with a metal bird feeder that you have to pretend to love! you guys are too talented.

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

That is very cute! I'll have to come and help you quilt when I am in utah.