Friday, October 16, 2009

Morgan is 6!



My girls are growing up too fast! Morgan Louise Kobe turned 6 yesterday and had a great birthday! She has been asking to get her ears pierced and I told the girls they have to show me they are responsible enough to take care of them and Morgan is a pretty responsible kid so I gave in. I took her to the mall after school yesterday and just the two of us went. It was fun to do a one on one with my girl! She was sure that this was what she wanted. She got into the chair and I asked her "Are you sure?" She nodded her head yes and the girl pierced the first ear. Morgan didn't make any sound, but they look on her face was a little shocked! After we finished I told her I didn't want to hear anything about flu shots ever again!
We had a family dinner that night and I had been working on her birthday cake for two days because I had other things going on at the same time. I had an itch to make a "fun" Halloween cake for her birthday....let's just say that I am cured of that itch for a while. I am far from getting the fondant making technique down (I struggled for some reason, even though I followed the recipe) I don't know how you do it Lauri! And I had a lot of unsolicited "help" wanting to make "dough"! The cake got a little heavy on the front due to the rice crispy mummy so it started to droop, but the kids loved it and that was all that counted! I tend to pick my projects apart too much instead of enjoying the effort! My bad. I figure I need to take advantage of Morgan enjoying the Halloween themed birthday as long as I can because I remember Kellie getting sick of it after a while.












6 comments:

Elise said...

WOW!!!! I am so impressed. That is the cutest cake. One day you are going to have to show me how to do that. You are truly Betty Stuart!

Lauri said...

I love the cake. You're a natural. Morgan must have been so pleased that such a fuss was made. And with the pictures, she'll never forget (and next time you won't have to spend quite that amount of time! - just pull out the picture)

Kara said...

WOW! That is a pretty impressive cake. I am stunned, it looks fabulous. Happy birthday Morgan!

Amy said...

I think that cake is great! You went above and beyond! Great job!

The Wakefields said...

Sooooooooooooooooo Cute!!!!! at least you do cakes. I am to lazy.

Anna said...

What a darling cake! Morgan looks pleased as punch. And it's great to put in the effort when you have the energy to do it. Happy Birthday Morgan!