Sunday, October 11, 2009

Labor & Delivery here I come!

A little over a week ago I was sent an email, out of the blue, asking me to apply for an L&D residency at Jordan Valley Hospital. I wasn't even thinking of working any more than I am and put it on the back burner for a couple of days. Derek and I talked about it extensively and prayed about it. We felt good about my interviewing for the position. I interviewed and was offered the job on the spot! The supervisor that I interviewed with said she hardly ever does that but when she saw someone who had something to offer the team and would do well in this position she wanted to offer it to me. They are only taking on 6 new RNsa and she had already hired 3. I will be starting my training in November and I can't wait. I will get to scrub in to C-sections and tubal ligations; some emergency hysterectomies. This is the reason I went into nursing and now I have the opportunity to do what I've gone to school for. It is a long commute, but after 2 years I will be able to transfer somewhere up north closer to home. So thank you, in advance, to those who will be helping me to realize my goals!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Congratulations, Katie! I am so excited for you!

Anna said...

oh good! i was sooo hoping you'd go for it. congrats! you must've swept them off their feet and made them fall in love with you intstantly. congrats - keep us all updated - all the gorey and bloody details. :)

Kara said...

Way to go Katie, you are awesome!

Lauri said...

You'll be wonderful. Congrats.

Anna said...

Awesome!!! What a great opportunity.

Unknown said...

I am so glad your family is being blessed with the work that you need. You are always in our prayers.