Thursday, August 13, 2009

summer ouchies

Wow this summer has flown by and I haven't been posting so here is a little update on a few of the things we're up to. Erin, apparently, reacts poorly to any kind of bug bite. One ,evening while I was at work, the girls went over to their cousins house and Erin was in her swimming suit still from swimming in our pool. So she took her shirt off and ran around in a swim suit and shorts. Not smart in Morgan county at dusk! This is the result.....





Then just a few days ago she was stung on the ear by a wasp and it gave her this result....




Not to be outdone, Lauren fell of a bench and split her ear open on Tuesday. It looked bad enough that I took her into the doctors and she ended up with 6 stitches! Poor thing! The doctor gave her 5 dumdum suckers for it though, so she made out like a bandit!






You can't tell from these pictures, but she took a chunk out of the rim of her ear and it's rather swollen. She won't hold still any more for me because she's a little leary as to what I'm doing. I was literally on top of the girl to keep her still so the PA could stitch her up. I layed my head on her while he was working and he asked if "mom was ok". I said I'm fine, I just had to work the night before. I have no problem with blood and stitches. I thought, "I see more blood than this at work!"

Hopefully we are done with the swollen body parts for the year and school starts next week, even though that doesn't guarantee an emergency room free year!

1 comment:

The Wakefields said...

Wow, what a summer of memories! I am glad to see that they are all still so cute and surviving all the mishaps.