Thursday, April 23, 2009

I joined the work force!

I got the job I wanted at Primary Children's this week! I had an interview every day last week except Friday and was at the end of my rope trying to find sitters for my girls while I drove north to these interviews. PCMC was on Monday and I didn't think I had interviewed well. I don't do well with 3 other people on the other side of the table asking me questions about how I would handle stressful situations that I may come upon. I answered the best I could, but didn't feel well about it. I didn't hear from them until Tuesday, this week, and by then had told the hospice/home care center that I would take the PRN job as a case manager. I was worried about the scheduling for my family, but thought we might be able to work it out. When PC called I was ecstatic! It was scheduled time, and I could work my way into a full time position if I wanted to AND keep up my skills! I will be on the IV team and we are responsible for placing about 95% of the IVs and PICCs placed in the hospital. This is evidently a very respected team at the hospital and I'm really looking forward to improving my skills in this area! Yeah! I'm really excited to start! And I should be able to work night shifts on weekends and then sleep while Derek is home with the girls. Again, so excited!

6 comments:

Kara said...

Congrats Katie! you will be great, I am sure with our crazy boys we may run in to you up there!

Anna said...

my heart is just beating so fast in excitment for you right now! congrats katie! i saw that that position was open and i thought 'what a neat job that would be!' probably sort of cush, too. and sounds like it's gonna work out so well with scheduling! i'm soooo happy for you! it's HARD finding a job right now!

Amy said...

congrats! what a relief it must be! I am happy for you!

The Wakefields said...

Katie, It is great to know that things are working out for you. We have met a few members of that team and they are needed and respected. Wow you amaze me. Congrats! They were smart to hire you. I know you will help so many not just by your job skill but your kindness and your great spirit. Way to go, you deserve the best! Love Ya!!

Matt and Stacy Compton said...

Congrats!! you in Morgan now? If so we need to play next week or saturday! call me!

Anna said...

Congratulations Katie! They couldn't have picked a better person for the job. You're going to do fabulously. I think PCMC would be an awesome place to work. Good luck!