Monday, August 25, 2008

Will it ever end?

We went camping with Derek's family this weekend, which was a joke! First of all Derek is already in pain, but wants to do something "fun" with the girls. Well, the girls were having a blast until Erin was stung in the eye by, we are going to say a bee because we don't know for sure. We didn't have any benadryl in our emergency kit; boy that tells you what kind of nurse I turned out to be. We did have some ice so I made her sit for a spell with some ice to her eye which she complained about endlessly. This picture is not too bad. The next morning, for church, it looked a lot worse! She looks like she's been in a knock out fight!

We took our motorcycles up with us and Derek wants so badly to ride and thought he might get away with riding the girl's bike a little, but I made him get off after I took this pathetic picture. He wasn't very happy with me as you can tell. (I made him smile in one for me).


Over all the girls did have a great time and
got very dirty! Derek slept most of the day Sunday and was still tired when we went to bed for the night. It may be a while before we venture out again.




2 comments:

Lauri said...

Katie, no nurse could ever do what you have done over the last months with such skill and panache! You're my heroine. Your husband is handsome (even in a collar) and your girls are adorable. What a lady!

Anna said...

I'm proud of you for even venturing out! And honestly, I wouldn't have thought of packing benadryl anyway. Poor Derek. I hope his recovery continues a little faster so he can get back to some of the things he loves! What a great family you have!