Saturday, January 29, 2011

Once again, I'm at work and have time to post on my blog. So I borrowed my mother in laws acoustic guitar and had it restrung yesterday. I took it home and learned some cords! I really enjoyed it and had to tear myself away from it to come to work. I think my mom was getting a little tired of my going over the same notes again and again in her kitchen. At least you could start to hear a tune out of what I was playing! Hey, it's my first "lesson"! The girls were with me when I took the guitar in to be restrung. The store had keyboards and drums as well as walls of electric/acoustic guitars. Shannon fell in love with the drums! She was sure that was her calling in life! "Mom I love this (glittery gold) drum. Can we get one?" Lauren about jumped out of her pants (which isn't hard to do since they are barely hanging on as it is) when she pushed a couple of keys on a keyboard and a loud noise issued forth! It made the girls laugh. Morgan liked a blue electric guitar with green lightning bolts on it (typical Morgan-style) and Erin just had a headache from "all the noise the girls were making". But Erin did ask if she could get a disco ball for her room! Over all it was a good field trip for them and they got to do some people watching as well. I must say, there are quite an array of people that come in and out of that store. The girls got an eye full! I was just waiting for that one comment that was going to get me the black eye, but they kept their comments to themselves. What a lucky mom!

1 comment:

The Cotton's said...

How fun! I learned a little guitar once and really enjoyed it. Too bad I quit everything I try haha! I didn't know you had a blog! We miss you guys, but it looks like life is great for you and that is wonderful!