Monday, April 21, 2008

Salt Lake Marathon


Erin, with her cousin Kayla, ran in the kids 1k during the SLC Marathon. We thought we would be running 1 mile at first but I didn't look at the info very closely, so the girls didn't get to run to their full potential. Maybe in an upcoming 5k! Anyway, they ran with their moms and ran the whole way! They got to meet Elmo, even though Erin made sure I understood that Elmo wasn't real and that it was a person dressed up as Elmo. Leave it to Erin to keep you in the know! They got medals and a T shirt for running in the race. Erin was a little scared before the race because she expected something very different. She said she had pictured a field with grass and lines painted to show you where to run. She also requested that the Union Station, which is where we waited to start the race, could be quiet for a little while. She is a country girl all the way! She was also worried that she wouldn't know where to run if she got ahead of me. I informed her I would be right by her the whole time! She was sure she was going to win the race! Alison told me that Kayla thought the race only consisted of her, Erin, Alison and me! She told Alison that she had a chance of winning this thing! So cute!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Love your blog, Katie! I shall be an avid reader.

Anna said...

Way to go girls! That's so great they're "into" running with Mom. Keep that up. I'm glad you post pictures here...it's fun to see how your girls are growing up.